Let's face it - hats are in. Actually, they are never really out. My mother wore hats every day when she was my age. Me....not so much. But, I have to say that for senior pictures, a hat can make a statement that takes your look from nice to fantabulous! (Is that a word?)
So why do you want to incorporate at least one hat into your senior pictures? Well...let me tell you...
1. Wide brimmed hats look oh so chic with sunglasses. You can put them on the brim or wear them. We could even do some cool reflections with your shades on!
2. Wearing a hat really completes your look. It can just pull everything together so that you will be walking the fashion carpet in your images.
3. Hats let you experiment with textures, colors, and patterns. You can wear the hat for a few images and then take it off. You can bring in some patterns that would be too much on your dress.
4. Hats allow you to transform yourself in an instant. A wide brimmed floppy hat will make you look and feel right at home with the retro styles. A panama style hat brings in the feeling of casual relaxation, like you are gracing the beach with your presence. More tailored hats invoke a chic, high fashion feel.
So go ahead, grab a hat and bring it along for your senior session. In the meantime, here are a few of my current favorites that would look amazing this season! I love these hats because of the detail. Detail can make or break the look. Always be watching for something unique and different when you pick out your hat!
The images came from the following websites. As of April 2015, all of these hats are still available!
1. Charlotte Russe Wide Brimmed Floppy
2. Abercrombie Striped Panama
3. Old Navy Patterned Floppy
4. Forever 21 Straw Boater
5. H&M Straw
6. Abercrombie Striped Floppy
7. Go Jane Day By Daisy Panama
8. Forever 21 Braided Band Fedora
9. Free People Brim Optimo Panama
10. Free People Brim Clipperton
11 Roxy Cantina Straw