Anything I can do to make your senior portrait experience easier is my goal! I have pulled together a possible list of outfits for a senior session. I will show you an example of the outfit as used in actually sessions as well as where you can purchase something similar today. My goal is to make dressing for your senior portrait experience as simple and inexpensive as possible!
I have chosen 7 different looks. This is about the number of outfits the seniors actually wear during one of our Glam and Style sessions.
I always suggest to mix it up - you don't want all dresses or all jeans. I good mix of outfits will make your pictures more interesting - vary how dressy your clothing options are as well. Of course, this list does not include Letterman jackets, prom dresses, uniforms, or other personal choices you might want to make. But, it is a good starting place. Remember, we will go over your clothing ideas at our consultation before your session. We won't ever leave you to do it alone!
So, here are my outfit suggestions for a typical senior session:
1. Jumpsuit - jumpsuits started coming in style last summer and are in rage this summer. These are great to show off long legs - especially with heels.
I showed a couple of options to get this look. I love the shorter leg on the denim jumper. Denim is such a fun and different look and the tie waist is very flattering. The red jumpsuit would be really cute with a belt - or even a skinny scarf used as a belt. A long necklace and bold earrings would be perfect to add to the look.
|Denim Romper can be found at Go Jane - $44 Red Romper can be found at Urban Outfitters - $79|
2. Romper - I saw one or two of these last summer, but this summer rompers are everywhere. There are so many different styles you can choose from. The best choices for senior pictures draw attention to the waist - this keeps the romper from hanging like a blog on your body in the pictures. I really like the blousy version I found at H&M as well as the soft blue color. The lace on the black romper breaks up the black and make it more light and airy.
|Teal Romper can be found at H&M - $34.99 Black Romper can be found at LuLu's - $44.95|
3. Jeans - I really like to incorporate at least one outfit with jeans in every senior session simply because they incorporate a more casual vibe to the session. Your choices of jeans are endless as well as your choices for tops. You can wear any type of shoe that you like with jeans - heels, flats, sandals, boots...it all works.
|Jeans/White Off Shoulder Top from ASOS - Jeans $68, Top $51; Jeans/Black Tank from A&F - Jeans $88 Tank $48|
|Denim jacket and shorts from Old Navy, High Waist shorts and Jacket from LuLu's|
|Shorts from H&M - $49|
5. Casual Dress - Cute casual dresses come in so many different styles there is no way I could cover all of the options. I suggest that you consider a solid color dress in lace, or choose an off the shoulder style. In Texas, you can always pair a dress with cowboy boots!
Simple dresses are always beautiful and highlight you.
|Tie Waist Dress from Revolve - $88 Flare Dress from ASOS - $95|
Off shoulder dresses come in many different styles. I love deep colors for these dresses. At the same time, the sleeves on the dress on the right below are really cool. Please watch when you purchase these dresses as many have no waist. You want to make sure the dress flatters your figure.
|Coral dress from ASOS - $40 Cream dress from LuLu's - $47|
6. Skirt/Blouse - Dresses are always a good option. I do like to add a skirt and blouse just to break up the monotony of too many dresses. This is a great time to add a fun pattern that you love. The skirt from H&M has a subtle print. Always remember to keep the patterns small. Large patterns make your body look larger in pictures. Normally I am not a fan of stripe tops, but I think the combination of the blue and white stripe shirt and orange skirt are fun. Don't be afraid to try something new.
|Printed skirt from H&M - $24.95 Orange skirt from LuLu's - $42|
7. Formal Dress - Some seniors choose to wear their prom dresses. Another option is to wear a short formal dress for your senior pictures. You can create your own fun and unique look. I love highlighting a formal look by keeping it simple - solid colors and statement jewelry.
|White Dress from ASOS - $49 Red Dress from Dillards - $49|
Hopefully these ideas will help you put together your own fun and unique look for senior pictures. If you are one of our seniors, I am always available to help you put your outfits together. And remember...always bring more than you think you might ever need to your senior portraits - I will often put things together you never thought of!