Social Media

Friday, February 28, 2014

That moment something unexpected stops you in your tracks.... {McKinney Photographer}


One evening last fall as I was leaving the studio to go home for the evening, I was greeted by this amazing sight.  It was as if God painted the sky right before me.  I just happened to have my “real” camera with me as opposed to my iPhone which sadly captures many of my family’s memories.  I had to stop and capture the beauty that was before me. 

I am not one to stop and look at nature.  My poor husband knows this better than anyone.  When we were on our honeymoon in Canada and driving through the mountains he kept “oohing” and “ahhing” over the majesty of our surroundings.  When he noticed I wasn’t doing the same, he asked me about it.  I promise this was my response: “When you have seen one tree, you have seen them all”.  After his stunned silence I realized that I may be needed to rethink that just a little bit.

I still am not someone who is captivated by nature for the sake of nature.  I will never be a landscape photographer.  I can’t think of anything more boring.  I do love to use nature to frame a beautiful portrait – but the end result is still about the person and not nature.  Still, even this immune to natural beauty photographer, was stopped dead in my tracks.  I don’t think I have ever seen a more beautiful sunset before and I know I haven’t since.

I leave you with God’s masterpiece painted just for me that night.  I have not enhanced the colors in any way.  This is how it looked that evening in person.

I leave you with Numbers 6:24-27 to think upon as you look at the splendor of the sky:
24 The Lord bless you and watch, guard, and keep you;
25 The Lord make His face to shine upon and enlighten you and be gracious to you;
26 The Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment